Thursday, May 5, 2011

Blogging Hazards

I have only been blogging for a short while. I have been devouring blogs left and right (literally). I have found so many that I love, but find I am mostly drawn to food blogs. Most have gorgeous pictures that make me drool. I had no intention of writing a food blog and I'm still pretty certain I have no intention of writing a food blog but I can't stop thinking about food. Cooking food. Taking photos of food. Taking photos of the beautiful ingredients before making food. Writing down lists of recipes of the food I want to make. (So far I have 5439 recipes saved!)

What started as research regarding the ingredients (cooking pun intended) for a good blog has turned into a gastronomical adventure. (I think that is a combination of gastronomy and comical.) Because it is funny how I can't wait to see what the Pioneer Woman is posting today. I find it hilarious that when I go to sleep at night I can only see the beautiful picture of that darn cookie on Vanilla Sugar's blog. And isn't it a riot that I have gone to the grocery store almost every day this week to purchase ingredients for another recipe I have found and must try.

Must try right now.

The funniest part is that I now have a brownie recipe that I am creating. Yes, I am tweaking the ingredients of a recipe I found to make it mine. Like a real chef! (I need one of those tall white hats I think...no, I will stick with the tiara.) It started with these Knock you Naked Brownies. Which looked perfect the way it was, but Bob doesn't like caramel. I can't make a batch of brownies that Bob won't eat because then I am destined to eat them all by myself. (I am woman enough to take that challenge on, but my pants are feeling a little tight and I don't think they are shrinking in the wash).

I spent the better part of the morning trying to figure out what I could use instead of caramel when it hit me...sweetened condensed milk is similar in consistency to melted caramels. Sweetened condensed milk makes me think of Seven Layer Cookies. Seven layer cookies make me think of coconut. Bob loves coconut. Wouldn't it be great if I could make Seven Layer Cookie Brownies?

They came out delicious. Gooey-I like gooey. But they need a bit of work. I didn't like the way the brownie part turned out, maybe not chocolate enough? There were not enough chocolate chips or coconut. My brownies did not look photograph ready. I need to make some cosmetic changes and will retry with more chips, more coconut and a better brownie.

Until my brownies are perfected I suggest you go back up to the link to the Knock You Naked Brownies and make them. Then let me know how they were. Or better yet, mail me one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought the brownies were delicious.

vanillasugarblog said...

thank you thank you thank you!!!